The Pregnancy Resource Center is an affiliate of Heartbeat International. Heartbeat International works to inspire and equip Christian communities worldwide to rescue women and couples from the agony and violence of abortion through the development of neighborhood pregnancy help centers, maternity homes, and adoption services.
Our center is funded solely by area churches, individuals, businesses, foundations and fundraising events. Established in Kerrville in 1984, the Kerr County Christian Action Council is a nondenominational, faith based nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. It has operated for more than twenty-five years successively as the Kerrville Crisis Pregnancy Center and Barnett House Maternity Home, the Kerrville Pregnancy Center and Talley House Maternity Home and since 2010, operates as The Pregnancy Resource Center, affirming life from conception to natural death. The KCCAC doing business as The Pregnancy Resource Center is meeting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs in a five county region that serves 100,000 people. (Kerr, Kimble, Gillespie, Kendall, & Bandera counties)
As a ministry of the local churches, The Pregnancy Resource Center exists to teach all men to, ” … choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to him … “ – Deuteronomy 30:19.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CARE:
Our Commitment of Care reflects our heart’s desire to love unconditionally. We provide a professional, safe, and comfortable environment with open and honest answers to your questions. It is our goal to provide up-to-date and accurate education to give you the knowledge needed to make informed decisions for you and your unborn baby.
1. Assist people in understanding their need of Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord.
2. Provide support and assistance to individuals and families when faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
3. Assist all people to realize the intrinsic value of all stages of human life.
To serve God by providing pregnancy and parenting resources to people in Texas, empowering them to make life-affirming decisions…
For their eternity – We desire to give the clients we encounter a one-on-one message of the love, mercy, forgiveness of Jesus Christ. This can obviously impact her eternal destiny.
For their physical bodies – We want to give these young women information regarding physical lifestyle changes that can improve their quality of life and impact their ability to end destructive patterns of living.
For their baby – We show life-size models and pictures of the life a mother is carrying inside. God uses these images to save babies’ lives.
The Pregnancy Resource Center offers services to anyone regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, income or marital status. Peer Counselors and Staff are extensively trained in crisis pregnancy intervention and post abortion counseling. All services are free and confidential. Walk-ins welcome.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His Miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: They that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.